And did you get what
you wanted from this life, even so?
And what did you want?
To call myself beloved, to feel myself
beloved on the earth.”
Here are the reasons this music video amuses the heck out of me:
1. It is historical fiction about the relationship between Sikhs, Mexicans and Gringos 100 years ago in California
2. It’s basically a mini gangster action movie, with great costumes and sets
3. The protagonist basically overcomes all obstacles by looking and acting hard. That’s it. He’s a tough mofo.
4. He basically writes himself into a few movie scenes including one lifted from the Godfather and another from Far and Away. I kinda wish he had done more.
5. The song is decent Punjabi-Mexican fusion tune, and the love story is cute.
But really it’s about a music star who woke up and decided to engage in crazy stylish historical fiction wish fulfillment.